Coexistence, Cognizance, Conservation: Illustrated Manual for Magdalena River Tour Guides
is an editorial project sponsored by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism, led by its affiliated entity ProColombia, which compiles and presents a broad view of the Magdalena River, its people; its history; its social fabric; its trades; its festivals; and, overall, the flow of the river culture of its immense heritage in motion.
To this end, it includes:
- A suggestive, memorable and easy to understand narrative style.
- An infographic language that combines data, illustrations and blocks of text without compromising legibility.
- Illustrations inspired by the watercolors of 19th century travelers that bring them up to date and let us experience them through a modern look and digital techniques.
- Texts written with historical rigor, but in a pleasant and polyphonic prose that echoes the river.
- Easily downloadable editorial content on this website.
COEXISTENCE, COGNIZANCE, CONSERVATION is based on the editorial guidelines of the collection to which the following also belong: Contemplation, Comprehension, Conservation: An Illustrated Manual for Nature Tourism Guides in Colombia y Cocreation, Connection, Conservation: An Illustrated Manual for Culture Tourism Guides in Colombia.
Like its predecessors, this project includes three formats for editorial content with complementary information: